Sunday, July 25, 2010

Let's Get Digital!

So, I used to be really skeptical of digital scrapbooking, thought it was a less creative way of producing layouts and wanted nothing to do with it.  But when Close To My Heart had a special offer for consultants to try its new digital program, Studio J, I gave it a whirl to see what all the hype was about.  I have to honestly say I LOVE Studio J!  Don't misunderstand -- I am a traditional scrapbooker at heart and will always love the process of creating using paper and that handmade touch.  But there are so many advantages to incorporating digital art into your repertoire. 

First, it's fast!  I did 10 layouts in a single afternoon.  Once I understood the program by doing on layout, the rest rolled easily.  Two, I could do it anywhere -- laying in bed, on the couch next to the kids, in the backyard watching them play (you can, too, assuming you have wireless internet).  Three, all the guesswork was taken away when I could simply choose what designs, papers and embellishments I wanted to use.  Choosing them was easy with click of a button.  Then I just dragged my photos from where they were stored on my computer (iPhoto, since I use a Mac) into the layouts and confirmed my designs.  It was like silly easy!

I think digital is also great for busy moms who don't have a lot of time to devote to getting those photos scrapped.  It also saves you from having to print everything at the photo shop.  I loved being able to enlarge photos with a click instead of ordering them from the store.  It's also great to use when "catching up" on LOTS of photos (vacations, birthday parties, or just a year's worth --or more-- of photos that are just sitting on cameras and computer discs).  And imagine making scrapbooks as gifts just by ordering multiple copies -- no more duplicating efforts!  Still want to get the feel of traditional crafting?  You can always add embellishments or other details to the finished printed page!

It's worth a try and Studio J is FREE to use.  You simply pay for what you print!  Check out my site for more details and see what I created below! 

Happy Scrapping!

Yep, these are all digital pages -- simply printed out like photographs.  And every paper that is available in the CTMH Idea Book (catalog) is available online through Studio J.  Give it a try today!

No comments:

Post a Comment